Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TF2 Tuesdays?

So yesterday I mentioned the idea of devoting Tuesdays to posting about TF2. The idea was to post in game footage of things like cool kills, killing streaks, or embarrassing deaths. However, what I didn't have in mind at the time, is that my computer isn't very powerful.

My rig only has a gig of ram and has a 1.60GHz Dual Core processor. While these specs are just fine for playing the game just fine, it really gets bogged down when I try to record demos. My answer to this would to use the recently released Replay system. The only problem with that is that I would have to remember to save the Replay when I died if anything interesting happened during that life. One thing you will probably learn about me throughout the life of this blog, is that I am quite absent-minded. If I get an amazing kill, say I reflect an enemy Soldier's crit rocket and the blast damage wipes out half of the enemy team, well, that's certainly something I would want to show off! However, say I'm really on my game that day, and that life lasts for 10 minutes. When I finally die, chances are that I won't remember to save the Replay until it's too late. Do you see my problem?

I guess for now I'll just try to remember to save my replays until I either get a better rig or find another way to do things. But the better rig requires money, and in the position I'm in at the moment, it might be awhile before I have that much money.

While we're on the subject though, what kind of specs would I need to have my game constantly recording a demo so I can just set it to record and start playing? If you know, or if you have anything else you'd like to say on the matter, leave it in a comment :D

5 comments:

  1. Good luck remembering to save your replays. I'd record me playing TF2, but there'd be nothing interesting to watch lol. Unfortuanately, I don't know what kind of specs you'd need to record while playing. My thoughts are that your computer would need a complete upgrade, both more ram and a better processor. Preferably like an i5 or i7 that could do a lot more than a dual-core and would have more ghz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not always bout the type of rig, but how you use it. (not to sound dirty). But I had a 450 Mhz pentium III processor with 512 MB memory and 64mb video card till 2005. I had that thing running xp, sims 2, while editing videos, and more. YOu just have to run very little background stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome I can't for your clips :D. And holyshit dude, 1 gig of ram! haha. I didnt think I will meet someone like me who has 1 gig of ram and tries to play league of legends while recording. Well becuase I have 3 computer but I still use that one to randomly do stuff ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of myself. My computer sucks, it can barely play games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My laptop just died, so can't play TF2. Haha...

    Btw, 1 GB of ram Dilord? Jesus christ, what are we, living in the Colonial America? UPGRADE!!!

    ReplyDelete